Thursday 20 June 2013

Rolling, rolling, rolling...

I am well and truly on a roll now - 6 weeks in a row without putting so much as 1/2lb on (5 of those were losses and 1 maintain). Only once have I gone for more weeks without a gain and that was my very first few months as a Slimming World member.

It really feels like I'm heading in the right direction now. I've not been shooting out any stars with my losses - an average of about 1lb per week in this spell, but it's staying off and that's the main thing.

The question of a SW friendly restaurant was brought up again at IMAGE therapy, and I have to admit the idea really does appeal to my (semi-creative) foodie side. The big stumbling block, however, is the cost - unfortunately I don't have a spare £0.5- £1M (amounts a Google search suggests are needed to launch such a project) in my back pocket. If I did I might decide that it would be enough to retire and live off the interest, until my wife gave me a kick up the backside and told me to stop lazing around!

The other possibility is a recipe book. As much as I love the food I cook, and others seem to like it at taster night, I don't think I could compete with the fantastic recipe books that SW produce, and nor would I want to.

However, to make life a little easier for those of you who do like to pick up the recipes on this page, I am thinking about producing a document that you will be able to download FOR FREE and peruse offline at your leisure. I'll need some time to pull it together though, since I'd like to have come up with a few more recipes first, and I've got some thoughts about some things I'd like to include in there other than recipes.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds lile a fantastic idea! Go for it!

    ReplyDelete