Wednesday 23 October 2013

Anything they can do...

I had started writing a blog last week but I forgot to save the draft in order to edit it later. I also forgot to blog about my run at the weekend,  so you are getting three blog posts for the price of one this week!

At group last week, as I waited to get weighed I anticipated a gain. I knew I had been off plan for a large part of the week, although I did have a couple of days of really food optimising and keeping within my syns. A gain would've taken me back over a stone mark so I was giving some serious thought to how I planned to continue my slimming journey.  As it happened,  I lost 2lb which took me back to 1st 6.5lb lost in total. The loss, coupled with a fab taster night and fantastic group gave me a bit of inspiration and I was determined to come in with another loss this week.

A wine tasting and overdoing my syns on a few too many days threw this week off a bit so I ended up with a half pound gain. I am not overly disappointed with that, but did feel that overall I had had a better week than last week so had hoped for a similar result on the scales. I think that's part of my trouble though - I get luvky one week so think I can get away with it the next.

I bought the latest SW mag and bave had a read of it tonight. Seeing how much the blokes in there lost in such a relatively short time (one of them lost 12st in 10 months) has given me a bit of a kick up the behind.  There is no reason why I shouldn't be able to stick to plan - I can usually choose what I eat and i know when I am out an unable to choose entirely SW friendly foods.  I need to start making better decisions and start planning more. On that subject,  I have plans for a prawn, courgette,  chilli and lime pasta (which I have made before and which is fantastic! ) and a keema curry. I am also planning to practice a chicken recipe or two in preparation for a murder mystery dinner party I will be cooking for in a few weeks time. Watch this space for another experiment of mine - more details once I have given it a go!

One big positive this week was another run, on Sunday morning. I ran a little bit further than last time, in a time of 9m 31s, but it felt really difficult.  Whereas the previous run I felt full of energy, this one felt pretty lethargic. It took a lot of effort to keep going, so I had to push myself. 1km doesn't really sound that far, but it's another km under my belt and every little helps.

1 comment: